Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break '09 Part 1

I still don't know what came over me. I decided to drive to Utah alone with all three kids! My kids were wonderful. I don't mean to boast, but they really were amazing. Jack was such a big helper and never once complained.

I split up the drive on the way down and spent the night with a friend. She lives on Mountain Home Air Force Base outside of Boise. The kids thought it was sooooo fun to stay on base. They were able to see real F-15 fighter jets which was a huge treat for them.

I met Jen seven years ago. Our husbands went to law school together. The law school was having a social before the first week of school began for the first year law students. I still remember the first time we met like yesterday! We both had bellies, standing there in the law school building. It was only a matter of days before we became dear friends. We both had our first children (both boys, ofcourse) within a week of each other. We would go on walks through Colonial Williamsburg almost every week! We often met at a little Muffin shop that quickly became a favorite of ours. Those were fun times. I miss them.

It was so wonderful to see Jen again. It's amazing how with dear friends, kindred spirits, you pick up right where you left off and don't miss a beat.

Jen's husband is in Iraq so it was kind of like having a girl's night when I stayed a night at her place. We put the kids to bed and visited. It was a lot of fun. Here's a pic of Jen and I:
I used her camera to take pictures of the kids, so I'm still waiting for Jen to send me copies. Jack & Caleb hadn't seen each other in over four years! But they had no problem getting to know each other. They hit it off right away, just like they did when they were two. Jen is an amazing hostess and made us a delicious dinner, and a huge yummy breakfast. Then she sent us off with lunches packed for the drive. Thank you Jen! You are super-woman!

No comments: