Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break '09 Part 2

After staying in Mt. Home AFB one night, we continued our journey on to Utah and made it there safely. In a nutshell- here was our trip:
Saturday we saw the movie Monster Vs. Aliens and everyone loved it, including me.
Sunday we went to American Fork to attend church with Adam's younger sister Trinna. Her precious baby girl was being blessed that day. It was so great to be there for it.
Monday I took the kids to the dinosaur museum, and then went there again that evening because they hadn't had enough. Here is what kept them busy. They built dinosaurs with these soft, stuffed dinosaur parts:
Played on dinoaurs:
Played with minature dinosaurs in sand & water:
Dug for dinosaurs bones with special brushes, like real paleontologists do:
Tuesday we went to the Hogle Zoo and it was freeeeeeezing. So here is the only picture I took, indoors with the stinky giraffes. My cute Mom is holding Lucy:The kids had a fun time. I'm so glad they got to know my parents a little bit better. By Wednesday morning I was ready to go home. So I loaded up the kids & car and drove home in one day! It was nice to have a few days of Spring Break at home with Adam. Utah was fun but the drive was long. I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think you're amazing for driving to UT alone with three kids. That's impressive! Glad your kids did well on the drive.

jessica said...

What a trooper you are! That is one long drive by yourself. It looks like the kids made some great memories.

Cherie said...

You should have stopped by or stayed with us! that's okay though. That dinosaur museum is a ton of fun. We went there a couple years ago.

AMY said...

Is the dinosaur museum in American Fork? We lived there for a year and never went... it looks so fun!

I'm glad you went somewhere fun for Spring Break. Whenever we go to UT we MUST visit the zoo. I wish Spokane would get in the game!

Bethany said...

Oh please drive down to UT again! The first time is the hardest! We'd love to see you and your adorable kids again!

Amy said...

Hey, your sister, Laurie, and my mom chatted with each other recently at my sister-in-law's ward on Mother's Day. Laurie pointed out that she's your sister and you and I are friends, etc. My mom said Laurie was really sweet. I'm glad we still have AZ connections even though we don't live there any more!!

Trinna Adams said...

I'm so glad that you did though! It was fun to see you. Thanks for coming to the blessing! You amaze me that you'll take on that drive! I wish I was brave enough! :)

Trinna