Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookie Time

Before Thanksgiving arrived, I promised my kids we would make sugar cookies. It's a huge undertaking because it makes such a mess. However, it's soooo worth it because my kids have a blast. It's something fun that we all love to do together, including me! I just dread the clean-up afterwards. Owen rolls and rolls until the dough practically adheres to the table.
Here is a perfect example of Owen's passiveness. Lucy is grabbing his precious piece of dough that he so diligently worked on rolling out. Check out the grin on her face in the 2nd photo after she successfully stole his dough. Poor Owen.
Despite the mess, the sugar cookies were soooo yummy and so worth it. And eating a cookie put a smile right back on Owen's face.

3 comments:

Gina said...

We are decorating our cookies tomorrow. The last few years we decorated halloween cookies but this year got too busy so I promised them Christmas cookies, which is good to do something different even though Christmas time is way busier than halloween. It was fun to see you the other night. It's been awhile since it's been too cold to go to the park. I'm glad I can still check in on your blog though.

Nicole said...

You are such a good mother. I turn into a bear when we make sugar cookies. They get one small piece to roll and they get to decorate three. The end. Tell your kids they're lucky!

the landreths said...

You are a GREAT mom for letting them help so much. It looks like so much fun.

Jack is almost as big as you are, Megs!